Hello Hockey Families,
Now that the final registration numbers are in we are able to announce the concession hour requirements for this season:
- New U6 families are required to work 5 concession hours
- All others families are required to work 20 concession hours (except those who bought out or are exempt)
You will keep track of your hours 2 ways:
- By signing up for shifts via sign-up genius
- Then you (or your teen worker) will log in/out using the I-Pad when you/they show up for your shift (this is new this season)
We officially open the first weekend of Open Skate, which is Oct 20th and 21st.
October concessions will be open these last 2 weekends to cover Learn to Skate, Open Skate, and practices. (The first sign-up link is found at the bottom of this page.) Once SYHA games begin, we will open during the week to cover these, as well as the busier weekend shifts.
Please be aware that SYHA is also responsible for covering concessions for other non-SYHA teams and events on our ice… such as tournaments, the DC Diamonds, Milton High School, and the Stoughton Boy’s and Girl’s High School teams. These events bring in larger crowds, which mean higher sales and lower fees for our organization. Since they’re so busy we’ll need more hands on deck! From November – March, we’ll be counting on all age levels to help share the load and sign up for shifts. If shifts are left vacant, concession managers, ALDs and team captains will reach out to families who haven’t signed up. More information on tournament requirements will be sent out to families as we get closer.
When you show up for your concession shift there will be detailed directions for opening and closing the stand. If you’re a seasoned worker, please look for what’s new this season. If you’re new or need a refresher, we will be holding concession trainings the following days and times:
- Thursday, Oct. 18 6:00-6:30
- Sunday, Oct. 21 1:30-2:00
- Thursday, Oct. 25 6:00-6:30
If you are unable to fulfill your hours you can hire one of our approved high school workers for $8/hr. It is up to you to contact and pay these teens and find a replacement if they cancel. Contact us for a list.
If you know a responsible, hard-working teen (14 and up) wanting to work, please reach out to us.
Please know, we’re trying out some new things this season to help make things run more smoothly and your patience as we go will be greatly appreciated.
Any questions/comments -please contact concession managers:
- Theresa Bergeson-Gallun (608) 719-9964
- Mary Bergeson-Gallun (414) 699-1063
- Liz Menzer (608) 212-6613
October Sign-up Concession Hours: